CAN YOU WEAR TUNGSTEN EVERYDAY?
Yes, tungsten can be worn every day. It is natural metals on the planet, registering a 9 (out of 10) on the Mohs hardness scale. It is also resistant to corrosion and tarnishing. This makes it an excellent choice for jewelry that will be worn often and be subjected to more wear and tear.
Because tungsten is such a hard metal, it is unlikely to scratch or dent. It is also a very dense metal, so it is not likely to bend or deform. This makes it a good choice for people who are active and may regularly expose the ring to harsh environments.
Tungsten is also a hypoallergenic metal, making it a great choice for people who have sensitive skin.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF TUNGSTEN WEDDING BANDS?
Tungsten wedding bands have become increasingly popular, as they offer a number of advantages over some of the more traditional metals.
- Durability: Tungsten is one of the hardest metals on the Mohs scale, making it very resistant to scratching, denting, and bending.
- Hypoallergenic: Tungsten is a hypoallergenic metal, meaning it is less likely to cause an allergic reaction.
- Affordability: Tungsten wedding bands are typically more affordable than gold or silver wedding bands.
- Variety of styles: Tungsten wedding bands are available in a wide variety of styles, including white and black polished finishes.
However, you should note that tungsten wedding bands cannot be resized, so it is important to ensure that you purchase the correct size. Our Free Home Try-On can help with that!
IS TUNGSTEN BETTER THAN TITANIUM FOR A WEDDING RING?
Tungsten and titanium are both popular choices for wedding rings. They are both durable, relatively affordable, and hypoallergenic. However, there are some key differences between the two metals that may make one a better choice for you than the other.
Hardness: Tungsten is one of the hardest metals on the Mohs scale, meaning it is very resistant to scratching and denting.
Weight: Tungsten is a heavier metal than titanium, which may make it feel more substantial on your finger.
Price: Tungsten rings are generally less expensive than titanium rings.
Resizing: Tungsten rings cannot be resized, so it is important to ensure that you purchase the correct size.
Lightweight: Titanium is a lightweight metal that may feel less substantial on your finger.
Resizing: Titanium rings can be resized, which is a plus if your finger size changes over time.
Ultimately, the best metal for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. If you are looking for a durable, scratch-resistant ring that is relatively affordable, tungsten may be a good choice for you.
WHY IS TUNGSTEN SO CHEAP?
There are a few reasons why tungsten is less expensive than some other precious metals.
- Tungsten is relatively abundant: Tungsten is the 74th most abundant element in the Earth's crust. It is found in a variety of ores, including wolframite and scheelite.
- Tungsten is relatively easy to mine: Tungsten ore can be mined using conventional mining methods and does not require the use of specialized equipment or techniques.
- Tungsten is relatively easy to process: Tungsten ore can be processed into tungsten metal using a variety of methods. These methods are relatively inexpensive.
As a result of these factors, tungsten is relatively inexpensive to produce, even though it carries many of the highly sought after attributes for metals used in jewelry.